Blood:Water Mission’s 40 Days of Water Challenge gives advocates a chance to make tap water their only beverage for 40 days — saving the money they would’ve spent and donating it to the Mission’s clean water projects throughout sub-Saharan Africa.
CiV Digital worked with Blood:Water Mission to develop a comprehensive new campaign site approach, including a strategy for mobile:
* Allow participants to create a unique profile page,
* Track their progress on the web or via their smart phone,
* Share their experience with friends,
* See who else is doing Forty Days of Water
* And, to eventually donate their savings to clean water projects
Beverages are often given up on the go (e.g., coffee shops, restaurants, pubs, etc) so a mobile site was developed for live posting and tracking of drinks. Standards-based design and development were used to make the site accessible by iPhone, iPad, Android and recent Blackberry devices without requiring a specific app or download.